Rugby is GREAT
To mark the entry of Rugby Sevens into the Olympics, the British Council will host the Rugby is GREAT Conference at the British House in Rio de Janeiro in order to discuss the importance of developing people and communities through the power of sport.
A Conference using the Rugby industry as an example and promoting the Olympic handover of London 2012, Rugby World Cup 2015 to Rio 2016. It aims to create links between the two countries, fomenting collaboration among universities and higher education in the UK, as well as strengthening relationship among creative industries and sports organizations.
Rugby is GREAT Conference targets to gather representatives from sports organizations, NGOs, potential sponsors, universities, sports sector companies and public sector.
Drinks Reception - 5PM - 9PM
The panellists are:
- Sports Education in the UK - courses in sports and the social engagement of universities in the UK:
- Dr Paul Kitchin – Lecture in Sport Management, University of Ulster
- Prof Simon Chadwick – ‘Class of 92' Professor of Sports Enterprise, University of Salford
- Major Sporting Events: how London 2012 and RWC 2015 leveraged sport legacy through private/public schools and communities?:
- Tom Clift – Former Operations Manager for London 2012, Coventry Sport Foundation
- Agustin Danza – CEO, Brazilian Rugby Confederation
- Sports and Social Projects - using sport as a tool for social change:
- Wayne Morris – CSR Community Director, Premiership Rugby
- Eric Klug – Vice Director, British Council
- Gordon Banks – Director, Saracens Rugby Club
- Sponsorship: the importance of private investment to foment sports activities:
- Marina Mattaraia – Director of Communication and Sustainability, CCR Nova Dutra
- Paul Clifton – Quality Engineering Manager, JLR - Try Rugby RJ sponsor